The image above is from the Bishops Conference, our main points from it are below.
Guidelines for coming to Mass at Trinity Westhill
- Seating is no longer assigned.
- When you arrive at Trinity, you will have to come in via the front door only, and go straight into the Church, and for leaving at the end, we will use the designated exit.
- Please wear a face covering (Except for under 5s and those with medical conditions which prevent them from wearing Masks)
- The First Minister has clarified that “based on scientific advice the Scottish government is not convinced that face visors provide sufficient protection. As a result, from Saturday 8 August 2020, if a visor is worn it must be accompanied by another type of face covering.”
- Sanitise your hands as you enter and leave (stations are provided at the entrance and exit of the church)
- There are no longer any Physical Distancing requirements. There are chairs spaced around the Church which still allow distancing should you wish to maintain it.
- We can now use our Misselettes again, these will be available as you enter the church.
- Limited singing can now occur.
- As the Bishop has asked us to make reasonable efforts to shorten Mass, we won’t have intercessions, or an offertory procession.
- The guidance still asks that we omit the sign of peace.
- In place of an offertory collection, I will put baskets at the entrance and exit for those who want to make an offertory contribution.
- For Holy Communion, we have now resumed coming forward to the Altar steps area to receive Holy Communion. What this means in practice is that if we begin with the front rows coming to the priest in the middle to receive, then returning to your place via the side aisles. After the front rows have received if the second and subsequent rows come up in order and return in the same way, via the side aisles.
- After the final Blessing, please leave by the designated exit door.